Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)The tiltle can be very deceiving. At least it was for me. Building the 6 hour canoe was very easy using the plans and directions provided by the book. I do not have allot of experience working with wood and this book made the whole experience pleasurable. The whole project took me 4 weekends to complete. I imagine that with the right equipment all the components of the boat could be cut out and prepared for assembly within 6 hours. The epoxy recommended requires a cure time of 6 hours so be prepared for the project to last longer than expected. The pictures help explain the directions. There are a few errors in the pictures but by following the directions you can't go wrong. Do not forget the limber holes in the frame. the plans show the location but the directions do not cover them. The hardest part was finding the 16 foot 1x2s required. I ended up having to rip them from a 2x6. Other than that, it was fun and I now want to try another style of boat. My daughter and I are looking forward to having fun with this canoe.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Building The Six-Hour Canoe
A guide to building a canoe that contains scale plans, specifications, a tool list, step-by-step instructions, and even a helpful explanation of how to paddle the canoe. All the building operations are clearly illustrated with photos and sketches. The canoe is constructed from a single 4'x16' (or two 4' x 8' sheets) sheet of marine plywood and a few pieces of dimensional lumber and, with epoxy glued seams, is watertight from the moment it hits the water. When completed, the canoe is 15'3" in length with a 31½" beam. Inexpensive to build using ordinary tools and materials, the canoe gives everybody access to boatbuilding and a boat.
Click here for more information about Building The Six-Hour Canoe
0 comments:
Post a Comment