Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Peggy Bowman's telling of the frightening events in Wichita, Ks are riveting. At the time of the scary summer described inthis book I was reading newspaper stories and hearing accounts of the struggles down the road from where I lived in Topeka. I had been involved with a group who worked to get pro choice legislation passed and had hoped that passage would make the difficult choice to get abortions much easier, safer,and private. How naive I was! A carload of us went to the rally in Wichita that Peggy describes and were heartened by the huge turnout of like-minded folks. Peggy's account of the courage of the patients, the staff and volunteers is marvelous. "Fetus Fanatics" is so timely in our current political milieu. Great read!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Fetus Fanatics: Memoir: When Government Collaborates with Anti-Choice Zealots
0 comments:
Post a Comment