Grasses of the Texas Hill Country: A Field Guide (Louise Lindsey Merrick Natural Environment Series) Review

Grasses of the Texas Hill Country: A Field Guide (Louise Lindsey Merrick Natural Environment Series)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I use this book as my only field guide even though I'm out studying and teaching others about the tall grass prairie near Houston. I find the explanations, photos, and general tabs extremely helpful. Because I live outside of the Hill Country, I only wish that the author would do a book about the almost extinct Gulf Coast prairies.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Grasses of the Texas Hill Country: A Field Guide (Louise Lindsey Merrick Natural Environment Series)

DESCRIPTION: This photographic guide to grasses gives all who have been frustrated trying to identify these difficult plants an easy-to-use, visually precise, and information-packed field guide to seventy-seven native and introduced species that grow in the Texas Hill Country and beyond.With a blade of grass in hand, open this book and find: Handy thumb guides to seedhead type, the most visible distinguishing characteristic to begin identificationColor photographs of stands of grasses and detailed close-upsConcise information about economic uses, habitat, range, and flowering seasonQuick-reference icons for native status, toxicity, growing season, and grazing response

Buy NowGet 25% OFF

Click here for more information about Grasses of the Texas Hill Country: A Field Guide (Louise Lindsey Merrick Natural Environment Series)

0 comments:

Post a Comment