Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I bought this book for my 15 year old nephew who just bought his first used (and pretty beaten up) Laser. I'm probably guilty of making him do so: I have sailed Lasers for the past 20 years and let my nephew out on his own on mine for the last couple of years, ever since he was heavy enough to get it upright again after capsizing...
As so many books of this kind, it is trying to serve everyone's needs. But that's really impossible to do. While many things discussed are excellent for the beginner, many times the language used makes only sense if you have been sailing for quite some time. The book puts a lot of emphasis on racing the boat, yet for the new Laser owner this may be in the more distant future. The book probably makes the most sense for a somewhat experienced sailor who decides to buy a Laser and plans on racing it. A young sailor will frequently struggle with the technical terms. And there is not that much more an experienced sailor couldn't learn on his or her own.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading it and even after all the years sailing this fun boat, I found a few new things. And my nephew may not get everything on first try, but after some research it will make more sense. I have no regrets that I bought it.
Click Here to see more reviews about: The Laser Book (Laser Book: Laser Sailing from Start to Finish)
0 comments:
Post a Comment